LASER HAIR REMOVAL PRE-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
FOLLOWING ALL OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL MAXIMIZE YOUR TREATMENT RESULTS
- Closely shave the treatment area as close to your appointment time as possible.
- Only shave the treatment area during your treatment process, no plucking, waxing, bleaching, threading or any method of hair removal that will pull the hair out by the root. The hair much remain intact beneath the skin.
- Arrive to your appointment with clean skin; do not apply creams, lotions, or deodorant.
- Use of tanning beds, self-tanning lotions, creams, and sun exposure on the area to be treated must be avoided 2-4 weeks prior to treatment. This is extremely important to avoid blistering and potential scarring.
- Wear a broad spectrum SPF 30 or more on the treatment area every day for the duration of your treatment process.
- If you are now or at any time during your treatment process orally or topically using photosensitive medications (antibiotics, St. John Wort, Accutane, etc.) please inform me immediately. You must be off these drugs for 10 days to 6 months depending on the drug before you can be treated safely.
- Avoid aspirin and aspirin containing products for 2 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid Retin-A, Retinols, Glycolics, Salicylics, on the treatment area 3 days prior to treatment.